Sunday, July 14, 2013

To become a...


As you can see in the picture at the top is a Doctor. Our ICT teacher told us to draw of what we want to be after 15 years. I started off thinking I wanted to go into Medicine because of my interest in Science and my fascination with the way in which the human body functions. Now I think it runs deeper than that, when I was younger my Grandfather suffered from a liver cancer, sadly he didn't survive. I think that this is ingrained in a part of me, I remember feeling so helpless, the ambulance took over an hour to get to us. My mom, dad and me (I was 7) went straight over, what I remember most specifically is that I was in the living room, on the phone to the operator relaying instructions to my mom, who was in another room with my Granddad, who I think was unconscious at the time. I blamed myself for a long time, thinking that he might have lived if I had given the instructions more clearly. This experience has made me want to be involved in a caring profession. I see it as an opportunity to help prevent families going through a similar situation.

There are many other reasons that interest me, lifelong learning, the opportunity to teach and pass my skills onto others, but mostly, more than any other profession a true sense of being able to make a difference to the community.

No comments:

Post a Comment